Bachelors have consciences, married men have wives. – Samuel Johnson
Bachelors know more about women than married men; if they didn’t they’d be married too. – H. L. Mencken
There are numerous jokes and films about married men, leading a miserable life with their dominating wives, but the reality is otherwise. Almost every statement that is in the internet shows married men as having lost their freedom, but the fact is that they rarely mind the negative potshots taken at them. The main reason, they know at the bottom of their heart, their lives are better and happier than their bachelor counterparts. After marriage, fatherhood is best described as an extension of manhood, which every male in the world wants to experience at least once in a lifetime. As per history records, marriage can be considered as the best secure and stable environment to start a family. Marriage does not build relationships between two individuals. It builds relationship between families. Many men rue the lack of freedom when raising their offspring, but children can be the best investment for your future. There is a proverb in marriage as “one plus one should make eleven – you and your wife should be abiding as a team with positive attitude and compromise. In case of a failed marriage, it will be one minus one equal to zero.” In short, a wife can make a tiger out of a molehill and vice versa. Only in marriage can any human learn the real sense of compromise and self-sacrifice. Bed wetting is sometimes known as night time enuresis and you will be given information on why do kids wet the bed during night, and tips to stop your kid from wetting the bed.
Parenting changes a male and female for the better. It is best described as a slow progression of helping the child’s growth (covers all aspects – emotional, social, physical and financial) from the day of its birth till adulthood. Some confuse parenting as only associated with blood relationships. In humanitarian aspects, parenting covers a vast area and includes the art of supporting the growth of a child even away from a biological relationship.
There are many couples who put off parenthood till they have cleared their debts, got themselves a decent job, and if destiny is in your favor, your wife can still give birth to a healthy child. Children are considered equal to God in almost all religions – the reason – they are innocent and devoid of negative feelings such as anger, lust and greed.
Agreed, there are many challenges in raising a child/kid, but if you are an optimist, then you can have only beautiful memories while your child becomes a teenager. You and your wife are solely responsible for the little bundle of joy and his/her future life. If the kid clutches your or your spouse’s hand while walking down the street or playing in the park, they feel that they are in “Z” category security. Kids follow the parents’ behavior unflinchingly without a thought. Psychologists stress on the importance of couples not fighting in the presence of their kids, as it might take a toll on a kid’s physical and psychological life. The most important quality a parent should have is patience and compassion. You should plan to exercise control of any situation, your strengths, weaknesses and the ability to abide by a particular decision if taken.
A kid may keep you on your toes on many occasions, and there are many occasions when every moment might go wrong in a home with kids. If you have to wake in the middle of the night for changing your kid’s bed sheets (bed wetting), keep in mind that your bundle of joy is not the only one. There are others who have left this disorder only in their teenage. As a parent, you need not share every challenge in home to relatives and neighbors, but it is better in the long run if you can have a gentle conversation with your kid. It will make him/her feel secure. There are some kids who grow very fast and there are some who take time in adjusting their body movements. Your kid can gain control of bladder eventually in the same year or the next one, but statistics report concludes that even after attaining the age of five, fifteen percent of the children wet the bed and by age ten, many of the kids have grown out of this problem.
Ensure that your kid is not resorted to bullying by siblings or others. You, also could have concluded in the initial stages that your child was too lazy or he/she could have woken you and you would have guided to the restroom. Bedwetting is a very normal sign when a child grows up, but ensure, as a parent, that it does not turn traumatic. When your child stays at a relative’s place for the night, you should have informed your blood relation about precautions to be taken. In a new place, your kid will less likely sleep, as he/she will be ashamed of his/her bed wetting habits. They will sleep less and once back at home, they are in the race again. Ensure your kid that he/she can speak to the adult of house in case of an accident. Reassure that bedwetting is a common problem and they can overcome it. Similar with school camps, your kid will be self-conscious and will try to escape from an outing because of the bed-wetting challenge. Encourage your child not to escape from such activities.
In case of camps, a hormone medication that can limit the amount of urine while asleep can prove to be a short term medication. Consult your pediatrician before you decide things on your own.
Since every teacher or tutor will be trained or have experience in bed wetting, have a confidential discussion with your child’s teacher about the precautions to be taken during camps.
As a parent, check whether you kid is wetting bed only occasionally or consistently, if it is irregular, then you can ignore it as even teenagers are prone to this challenge on very rare times.
Bed wetting can be divided into two types. The first will be when your kid is still not trained properly to use the toilet, popularly known as nocturnal incontinence. The second one, obviously will be that the child has been trained to control the bladder, but wets the bed is called as secondary nocturnal incontinence.
Consult your general physician if you child has not got over his/her bed wetting even after the age of six. In some cases, the after-symptoms will be pain during urination, snoring, pink urine and unusual thirst.
You are a parent and also you are a guardian for your child’s fear and woes. Be compassionate and do not try to spank them or punish them as it might aggravate symptoms and will breed feelings of negativity in the future. Your kid might be having problems to get up since he/she is prone to hard sleep when they have a full bladder.
You have to change the bed sheets for your kid at regular intervals. Change the bed sheets every alternate day and see the difference. Your child can get rashes if the bed sheet is not properly washed and dried in the sun. Select the brand that is popular for children suffering from bed-wets.
How To Make Your Child Stop Wetting The Bed
1. It is advisable to have a proper time and routine to be followed in the night. If the regular timing becomes a habit, chances are that your kid can kick the habit of bed wetting in small duration of time. However, always keep in mind that raising children requires compassion and you do not have to behave like a dictator to make them imbibe the human values. Let your kid be free and give him a little time to get sleep on occasions from the regular routine in times of weekends or school vacations.
2. You can also make your kid go to the rest room before he/she goes to sleep. Ensure that the bladder is empty. Reassure your child that you would not get angry if he/she wakes you up for going to the toilet.
3. You can cut down caffeine (cocoa and chocolate) in your kid’s dinner and do not make him/her drink fluids than the necessary amount. Also avoid processed foods. Be cautious as you do not want your kid to suffer from dehydration. Make the kid drink sufficient quality of liquid in the morning till evening and limit the use after sunset. In case of your kid going to school, gift him a water bottle so that he/she can keep themselves hydrated till the end of school hours. You can avoid your kid’s over consumption of fluids after dinner by this method.
4. Check whether your kid is suffering from constipation and hence, the issue of wetting the bed at night. Constipation can affect many children and since some rarely express themselves about the problem, you can, with your loving care identify the potential causes and resolve the challenge with a suitable solution.
5. Do not wake up the child yourself and make them urinate. This method can have psychological impact on the brain of a child.
6. Since your kid looks up to you for encouragement, you can give small gifts based upon improvement. There are kids who wait for the sun to set because it is time for bed stories. There are bed-wetting kids who become depressed at the same time because it is the time which they do what they do not like. Save your child from some emotions by being patient and display feelings of love and compassion. Make bedtime a wonderful opportunity to express love to the child and the conversation should be regarding the balance. Your child should not feel awkward not should you dismiss the problem.
7. Bed wetting can also be symptoms to an underlying medical condition such as:
Sleep apnea: If your child snores or gets up during regular intervals to get gasps of air, consult a doctor as they might suffer from sleep apnea.
Urinary Tract Infections: Generally, doctors prefer the urine test if they find that the child is not suffering from a psychological problem.
Diabetes: There are some who are of the view that diabetes does not attack children. Well, medical reports state otherwise, as even children can also be subjected to diabetes.
8. Avoid Medication: Your kids mentally and physically need you when they face trouble. You can seek guidance from a medical authority, but no one knows your child better than your own conscious mind. Intaking of diuretics can prevent urine only for a short duration of time and during periods of noningestion of the prescribed drug, the challenge will raise its deadly head again.
9. Bed wetting might run in the family – your uncle or cousin might have wet the bed at an infant age – so it is not your kid’s fault.
10. In recent times, a bed alarm is preferred and the best brands come with a vibrating sensor and audible tone. You can buy the device in a medical shop or order online. The dress will contain a very sensitive sensor (wetness) in the underwear. The sensor will be connected to the alarm and in case of fluid touch, the alarm will go off and the kid can get up and do the necessary steps.
11. Have a lamp which is soft in light, but your child can find his/her way to the restroom. Make a clear and easy path and have another soft light in the bathroom so that there are no obstacles in the way of your child. The lights are more important if your child is afraid of the dark.
12. Some children resort to occasional bed wetting when in response to an unwanted condition such as fight of parents, or going to new school or class. Your kid’s grades will dive downward if they focus on the problem. These symptoms are normal and are unlikely to recur if you child feels safe and secure.
It is very important that the kid should be kept calm and relaxed. Give the kid his/her regular routine of normal nourished diet so that they can grow as healthy kids.
No related posts.